Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wicked


I discovered these quotes when I was reading about Wicked - couldn't have said them better myself.

"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same. I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game. Too late for second guessing. Too late to go back to sleep. It's time to trust my instincts, close my eyes, and leap. It's time to try defying gravity. I think I'll try defying gravity. And you can't pull me down.
I'm through accepting limits, 'cause someone say's they're so. Some things I cannot change, but 'til I try I'll never know. Too long I've been afraid of losing love I guess I've lost. Well if that's love, it comes at much too high a cost. I'd sooner buy defying gravity. Kiss me good-bye I'm defying gravity. And you can't pull me down."
(Elphaba)

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return. Well I don't know if I believe that's true. But I know I'm who I am today because I knew you."
(Glinda)

"It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime so let me say before we part: So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart. And now whatever way our stories end, I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend."
(Elphaba)

Wicked the Musical