Thursday, May 6, 2010

LA called.

Dear Cory Ray,

The other night I was walking out of work and I noticed I had a voicemail. I was a little upset given the fact that my phone never rang. I hate that, it's annoying. Anyway, I listened to it and had come to find it was from you. So, of course, that instantly made my very happy just to hear your voice. You went on to say that you had some exciting news for me and for me to call you back. I couldn't hit the send button fast enough to give you a call back. I was praying that you would answer, given the fact that you had called literally 2 minutes before and with your track record of NEVER answering your phone, I was nervous. But, what do you know, you answered. 

The good news you had to share? I'm sure you'll never forget it, because neither will I. You told me, with SO much excitement, that you finally got an e-mail back from the coach in LA. He gave you his number and said, "Let's talk". Oh, I don't know what made me more happy. The excitement and wonderful tone of your voice or the fact that you got your e-mail you've been wanting for so long. (I think I liked your excitement the best. Gives me a thrill...) 

You later went on to say how happy you were, how excited you were, and how the wheels were finally in motion. What topped off this whole experience for me is that fact that you were so quick to call me. You were so happy to tell me, and include me in your amazing moment. I can't tell you how happy that made me, how much that fulfilled me.

You then proceeded to call your family, look up apartments, talk about the future, talk about your goals, your excitements. After you talked to the coach finally yesterday, plans of going out there to check it out are now possibilities. I just want you to know how happy I am for you. How excited I am for you, for us. I wish I could give you such a tight hug right now. I hope you always remember that moment, your feeling - because I never will. 
You're amazing and nothing will ever break your stride. 
I love you. 

Love always,
Mo
XOXO