Monday, January 10, 2011

Dear Cory Ray,

It's pretty clear that distance is our worst enemy right now. 
Well, it has been for a long time. 
Yes, you're here in my head, always, but that doesn't make you "here". 
I know I need to suck it up and shut up once and for all about dwelling on our time apart,
but this space between us feels like an endless road with so many more endless miles we still have to travel. 
Do you what I mean?
It feels like tears that are being fought back and swallowed with a burning throat. 
It feels like my stomach is hollow but infested with this significant weight of nothingness. 
While my heart races. 
When you're gone, it's the little quirks about you that I miss the most. Those are the things I love so much.
It's our confusing, feisty, yet passionately goofy romance that I love so much. 
When it's just us, I love it the most. It just feels like all of me fits perfectly with you. 

I miss you the most late at night. 
Right after we'd talk about nothing of any importance with sincere giggles. 
I love it so much when I can hear your smile on the other side of the phone. 
It makes me feel so good. 
And your laugh. The one I want to spend the rest of my life falling asleep to. 
I'll see you soon. 
I love you. 
Love always,
Mo
XOXO