Thursday, January 6, 2011

Things I've Been Learning Lately:

When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it. 
It's sad when people you know become people you once knew. But at the same time, I'm not forcing anything to keep something alive. Nothing should be forced.
I'm learning to be grateful for different perspectives. Everyone is different and has their own special voice and opinion - and when used correctly holds immense power to learn, grow and move forward. 
I've really been learning that if you hold back feelings because you're afraid of getting hurt, or hurting the other person, you'll end up hurting anyways and nothing can be solved. 
Lastly, I've been taking mental notes of the older couples I see. I'm trying to have myself always remember to not take growing older for granted or regretting it. Especially growing older with someone because it's a blessing denied to many people. I'm still in slight shock that I am actually 22 years old now. And all of high school I remember literally complaining that I never wanted to grow up. So, I've been learning to enjoy every minute of my life as best I can because I'm on the greatest journey, the greatest ADVENTURE of them all - LIFE, and I cannot fight the inevitable. I can only embrace and enjoy it. 
(The other day I was out running errands, and while pulling into a parking lot, I saw an old man and his wife walking to their car. The old man stepped up on a curb and fell in a mulch bed. He was laying on his side and his wife was trying to pull him up but she couldn't. In no time flat, a passerby saw what was going on and ran to help (thank goodness), but true to my nature, I started to tear up at what I had just seen because I thought it was so sad. Luckily, I saw the couple continue to their car and it seemed like everything was alright. But what has been staying with me is the fact that this man couldn't help it. And someday I'll hopefully be that old. And stand up after wiping out in a parking lot with a smile like he did. Things happen, we get old and our bodies get weak - but we're alive and if nothing else, that is worth a heartfelt smile.)
Love always,
Mo
XOXO