Monday, May 30, 2011

What I want.

I'd like to think that I'm not one who is constantly "want, want, want"..."need, need, need"...
Although, I will confess I DO NEED the little things in life. But that's it. 
You know, the little things.
The things we all talk about, but somehow they always seem to fall thru the cracks. 


The title of this post is not dealing with things I want, as in material things. 
Instead, these are things I want, rather need, from another (...yeah, yeah...a love). 
I guess I came to the conclusion of how can I expect to get what I want...need...if I don't ever ask for it?
It's kind of unfair, really, to the person you're constantly needing things from when they don't know what you need to begin with.
I guess that I always lived by the thought "treat others how you want to be treated" and you will get the same in return, but sometimes it's much more complicated than that. Sometimes, you need to speak up. I made this a little while back, so here, world, maybe you can relate.


Dear Love,
I want to laugh, reallyreallyreally hard.
I want to smile
I want to be entirely open, honest, trusting and communicative with each other.
I want to live for the moment.
I want to be with someone who knows what they have when they have me.


I want to live with you.
I want to wake up, everyday, by your side.
I want to be able to tell you how much I love you everyday.
I want to eat candy in our bed filled with blankets and pillows and probably a lost sock or two.
I want to call you throughout the day and for you to answer and be excited it's me.
I want to think of you all day.
I want to make you breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I want to wear your sweatshirts to bed.
I want to watch your scary movies with you, only if you don't pull my hands from my eyes on the real scary parts.
I want to talk on the phone with you until the sun peaks its head up over the horizon when we're separated. 
I want to battle you in games - any kind of game.
I want to watch sappy movies with you.
I want to go on walks with you. Anytime of day will do, although the night is my favorite.
I want to hold your hand.
I want our home to be all shades of us.
I want to kiss your cheek in the morning and then whisper in your ear, Good Morning. 







I want to kiss you goodnight, and tell you I love you.

I want to have a snowball fight with you when it snows, a water fight when the sun is beating on us.
I want to build a fort out of blankets and live in it until we're ready to be adults again.
I want to sit under the stars and talk about life with you...a fireplace will do too.
I want to have deep, meaningful conversations with you, along with the silly ones.
I want to be each others #1 fan.
I want to send you funny e-mails, texts that make you smile instantly.
I don't want to have to worry about one single thing. 
I want to count our blessings EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.





I want to let go, and just be.
I want someone who just wants to be near me. Someone who will put my hair behind my ear when it falls. Someone who will wrap me up so tight in their arms and whisper in my ear, "I love you".

I just want to be with you.

But isn't all of this what everyone else wants too?
So why is it so hard?

Above all, I want a forever love - and if we die, we die together. 
I tend to think that the smallest of things make the days better than imaginable and that the things that matter the MOST should NEVER be at the mercy of the things, or people, who matter the LEAST. 
Notice, do, and enjoy the little things now, because they really are the 'big' things later...