Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The day my car decided to leak some gaz.o.line...

...it was a really beautiful evening...
I know I am being over the top in saying this, but I sincerely never want to own a vehicle ever again, after Pam.
I do owe my parents a huge thanks here for placing the responsibility of owning my own car on me, and having to pay for gas, insurance, repairs/you name it, all on my own. It really makes you treat things better/have a sense of ownership/responsibility...it makes you grow up in a good way. Plus, I have wheels to take me where I need to go, when I need to go. So, yeah, owning a car is a pretty AWESOME responsibility. 


From an early age, I've taken on this car - one in which I do love to pieces. Pam. 
She's an old lady - born in 2001. But she has nearly emptied my bank account more times than I care to count - and it's never ending. If it's not the window, it's the tires, or the wheel bearings, power steering, starter, brakes, windshield wipers, or this weird thing she does where she continuously makes the blinker noise even when it's not on...
I know everyone has these problems all the time - it's part of owning a car. 
So I'll get off my soap box now.
All I really want to do is buy a bike with a basket on the front to take me wherever I need to go. Or my pink roller skates. 
For places that are farther, I want my pink scooter


But I am just rambling. Last night, two days after I renewed her insurance - she decided to leak some gas in the driveway. 
That's all I really want to say about it. It heightened my stress level to the extreme. 


But my point to this post is to say thank you -- 


Thank you Cory for crawling under my car and seeing what in the heavens was going on under there. 
And thanks for taking her into the shop so I could go to school. 
Oh, and thanks for letting me snap some pictures of the pretty evening sky while you were with Pam. 
She is coming home from the doctor's tomorrow.
Love always,
Mo
XOXO